Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday - A Food Experiment

Breakfast:  Oatmeal with Raisins

Lunch:  Healthy Choice Steaming Entree - Sesame Glazed Chicken (Yum!!)

Snack:  70 cal Cheese Stick

... and now for the experiment...

Dinner:  I've been craving Mexican food for a week or so and so I thought I'd try to put something interesting together while still staying within my 290-330 calorie dinner schedule.  For about 300 calories, I had a shredded lettuce salad with mashed pinto beans (mash 'em yourself instead of buying refried and it'll save you about 20-30 calories per serving), no-fat sour cream, guacamole, pico-de-gallo, and some salsa.  I topped it with some pickled jalapenos and let me tell you - IT WAS GREAT!  Also, it was so high in fiber that I couldn't even finish it.  Great way to end the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment